Aggressive Virginia Criminal Defense Attorney Fights for Your Rights
Determined lawyer represents people accused of crimes in the Richmond area
If you face criminal charges, you can be sure that the police and prosecutors will bring all their power to bear against you. That is why you want a strong advocate to fight for your rights just as forcefully. At Alex Taylor Law PLC, we represent people throughout Virginia who’ve been accused of committing crimes by providing aggressive, results-oriented defense. We know the Virginia criminal justice system, and we have both the background and skill to take on tough cases. No matter what type of charge you face, you can count on our firm to press for the best possible result through tenacious, tireless advocacy.
Persistent Virginia advocate challenges the charges against you
At Alex Taylor Law PLC, we oppose charges ranging from minor offenses to serious felonies and our success has been reported on the front pages of local newspapers and on local TV stations. Felony convictions carry the most serious consequences. A person convicted of a felony is sentenced to serve at least one year in a state or federal prison and may be incarcerated for life. Although misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, a misdemeanor conviction can send you to jail and leave you with a record that follows you for the rest of your life.
My firm represents clients charged with:
- Violent crimes — We build self-defense arguments and other strong legal responses to charges such as murder, assault, rape and other violent crimes.
- Driving offenses — If you have been charged with operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol, driving with a suspended license or another traffic offense, we can challenge law enforcement’s procedures and test results.
- Drug violations — Charges of trafficking, distributing or possessing an illegal substance can result in heavy fines and extended time in jail. Our goal is to eliminate or minimize the charges against you.
- Sex crimes — Sentences for sexual offenses can carry lifelong consequences. We will work to ensure that your side of the story is told and that your rights are protected.
- Theft — During negotiations with prosecutors and in court, we skillfully respond to larceny, robbery and other theft charges.
We also work to help clients get past criminal charges expunged.
Tenacious law firm presses for dismissals, exoneration and fair plea deals
Through each step of your case, we will strongly challenge the prosecution's efforts to prove theirs. You can count on our firm to do everything in our power to obtain the best possible result under the facts, whether that’s a dismissal of the charges, exoneration at trial, or a reduced sentence through a plea agreement. We know that witnesses can misremember events, crime scenes can be tampered with, and law enforcement can make mistakes. To build your defense, we will carefully examine all arrest records and other relevant documents for vulnerabilities. We often personally speak with witnesses or examine the alleged crime scene in addition to working with experienced investigators. When the circumstances call for it, we have also successfully utilized forensic examiners and other experts to challenge the prosecution’s theories.
Nothing is more important than your freedom. If you need a defense attorney and game changer who is dedicated to your case, contact Alex Taylor Law PLC today.
Contact an assertive Virginia criminal defense attorney
If you’re charged with a crime, you deserve a criminal defense attorney who will fight for you. At Alex Taylor Law PLC, in Richmond, we have the determination and experience to pursue the best possible outcome no matter what charge you face. Call 804-486-5397 or contact me online for a free consultation.